Joe Waxman, a friend of mine did an YouTube interview with me last year about my early days in the Natural Foods Movement. I've put the link here if you would like to view it and I have done things correctly. Joe suggested that I figure out how to teach cooking online. If I can get some help with the technology I'm going to do just that. Here is the link for that interview: https://youtu.be/lBz3V2QyGNc
Popular posts from this blog
It's hard for me to believe that so much has changed in the last 4 or 5 years. Politics seems to have take the seat in the front row and everyone now seems engaged in one way or another. I say working local is a solution, but it does take a lot of effort. For instance, you have to do some of your own research on who is running and what the different offices are. We never got this education in school; government was glossed over for the most part always in the back ground and always with full faith and trust. Today that is no longer the case, at least not for me. Humans are humans regardless of their post in life and some of them are bad apples simple as that. I am interested in food, the art of it, the social impact, the science and so much more if you choose to stick with me for a while. Obama lost me when he signed into law a bill protecting Monsanto from any future liability. More on that later.
I've got some bread working. This one incorporated white and rye flour. I've created a sour dough starter and am adding six cups flour and letting it sit for a bit while I visit with Ellen. (Ellen has been kind enough to give me some of her time to explain the in's and out's of working on a computer.) I think making bread is a great teacher. We are working with just three ingredients. Water, flour, and salt. Sometimes we can also use yeast or other additives like milk, additional grain, dried fruit, just use your imagination. The dough looks and feels great after kneading, but I don't have time to bake it now. Into the refrigerator so I can bake it later. The cool temperatures will slow down the rising process and result in a bread with a more interesting and complex flavors http://www.reneesnewkitchen.com . In the end, more time is good.
Comments
Post a Comment