Spring

This year I hope to put together a collection of ideas, recipes, and photos with the hope of communicating my love of cooking, family, and the garden.

This Spring will mark my first attempt at growing a few vegetables in a 10x15 foot garden plot.   Last Fall, I mulched it with straw and lots of leaves.   I have added a little organic fertilizer to see if that will also help the soil which is quite dense.   A container or two could produce some lovely lettuce or tomatoes.   I'm moving the blueberry bush down to where it will get more sun and treating it's soil as I understand the blueberry is an acid loving plant.

Annette, my sister, helped me to put up the fence to keep out the deer of which there are many.   A sledge hammer would be nice to have, I'll see if one of the neighbors has one I can borrow to drive in those four stakes holding the fence in place.

My primary objective is to organize what I have learned, so it can be of use to others.   That is where you come in.   I would love your feed back.
What are some of the challenges that you face when trying to eat more healthy?
What are some approaches that would make the whole process easier for you?
In a cooking class, what do you want to learn about the most?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog